Watpac is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and has mobilised a team to lead our ongoing response.
Safeguarding the physical and mental health and safety of our people and their families, our sub-contracts, clients and partners as well as the broader community is our highest priority.
Our safety measures are aligned with the advice provided by the Australian Government Department of Health, State Governments and Health Authorities, and the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
Business and job continuity
Watpac is continuing to operate, while implementing additional safety measures to support our people and thousands of Australians employed through our supply chain. We are providing information and advice to our people regularly through a dedicated Intranet page, email and video updates, visuals at offices and sites, and SMS alerts as required. Wherever possible, our office-based staff are working remotely and external meetings are conducted by phone or virtually. Office meeting rooms and indoor areas have been reviewed to support social distancing of 4 square metres.
All construction sites remain open and we are working closely with our supply chain. As a priority, we continue to roll out additional site safety procedures that firmly focus on hygiene, cleaning and social distancing, including:
- Protocols relating to coughing, sneezing, hand washing and use of sanitisers;
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of site amenities;
- Avoiding unnecessary in-person meetings in place of virtual meetings, with increased provision onsite for those options;
- Providing adequate facilities for social distancing in enclosed areas such as site offices, break rooms, lifts and hoists;
- Additional social distancing measures such as partitions in large rooms, rostered breaks or separate locations for breaks;
- Limiting numbers of people in daily pre-start meetings and implementing rolling shift starts;
- Strict protocols for anyone feeling unwell or with actual or potential exposure to COVID-19, including self-isolation for anyone returning from interstate or overseas as prescribed by the Federal and State Governments.
To support these measures, self-assessment for each site has been mandated with tools to support this and our teams are monitoring the situation, risk and hazards daily.
All domestic travel is restricted to business-critical travel only and all international business travel is suspended until further notice.
Watpac is directing people to self-isolate in line with latest Australian Government advice and mandatory requirements.
All members of our internal and external network are being encouraged to play their role to stop the spread of COVID-19.
Watpac is closely monitoring the evolving situation with priority being placed on the physical and mental wellbeing of all involved.
For further information on Watpac’s response to COVID-19, please email email@example.com .