Safety is an integral part of Watpac’s culture and is central to the way we do business. Our commitment to delivering on promises safely is fundamental to the way in which we conduct our operations.
Watpac’s Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) Management Systems promote effective leadership and implementation of appropriate risk control processes to continuously improve our HSEQ performance for the benefit of our people, clients and other stakeholders.
We are committed to upholding the highest possible health, safety, environment and quality standards across our projects. Watpac’s Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) Management Systems are certified to AS 4801 Health & Safety, ISO 14001 Environment and ISO 9001 Quality. Our safety management systems are also accredited by the Office of the Federal Safety Commission (OFSC).
Health and Safety
Delivering on promises safely is a core principle for how we conduct our business. It not only guides the way in which we operate but demonstrates our priority to providing a safe and rewarding work environment for our people, whilst delivering quality outcomes for our clients.
Our people are committed to implementing and following our robust safe systems of work to help ensure that we all go home safe every day, underpinned by our philosophy of STOP. THINK. ACT. Work Safe. Home Safe.
Through this philosophy and our strong safety systems, processes and visible leadership, Watpac strives to provide a work environment that encourages our employees, subcontractors and clients to pause and consider the role they play in providing a safe workplace for everyone.
During the 2018 financial year, our core businesses both recorded outstanding safety results. Over 6 million hours were worked by our Construction business, and the Lost Time Injury Frequency rate and Medical Treatment Injury Frequency rate remained well below industry average.
Watpac achieve positive results such as these by recognising that health and safety is a continually evolving area. We adapt with these changes by implementing initiatives and programs based on research and contemporary thinking to continually improve our workplace health and safety performance.
Watpac is committed to minimising impact to the environment. We do this by promoting our environmental systems and processes, designed to reduce the likelihood of pollution and environmental damage, within all aspects of our business.
We ensure that environmental management practices on projects protect the environment. We achieve this in a number of ways such as:
- Being committed to Ecologically Sustainable Design as a guiding principle and striving to achieve targeted Green Star Design and As-built ratings.
- Employing design and construction methodologies that deliver better sustainability outcomes over the lifecycle of a building or structure.
- Identifying innovative products and/or processes.
- Being acutely aware of our regulatory and legislative responsibilities, resulting in our excellent environmental management record.
- Striving to uphold the highest industry standards and taking great pride in our Environmental Management System maintenance and implementation.
- Seeking opportunities to reduce energy, water and materials consumption such as taking fuel efficiencies into account when purchasing new equipment.
- Encouraging recycling and waste minimisation practices.
- Complying with client environmental requirements.
Watpac has comprehensive Quality Management Systems that have been established to ensure our clients receive quality of product and service. Our systems promote continual improvement and provide us with the mechanisms to uphold our commitment to be innovative without compromising on quality. Our quality assurance and auditing processes ensure we maintain a high level of compliance with our legislative and other requirements, including certification requirements.
Download Watpac's Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) Policy.